Hunter Covid-19 cases surge to 11 as Hunter New England Health is now providing care and support to four additional people confirmed to have COVID-19:
• A male in his 30s in home isolation after recently returning from the US
• A female in her 70s is in home isolation following assessment in hospital; she recently returned from Europe via Qatar
• A male and female in their 30s are in home isolation after attending a wedding on the South Coast where a confirmed case was present.
Hunter New England Health is contacting close contacts of the four new cases, who are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days from last contact. They will be contacted every day to check that they are well and any contact who develops COVID-19 symptoms will be tested for the infection.
Hunter New England Local Health District has opened COVID-19 screening clinics at John Hunter and Maitland hospitals. A clinic will also open at Calvary Mater Newcastle today.
With regards to the cases previously announced in the District:
• A male in his 70s is doing well in home isolation;
• A female in her 60s is doing well in home isolation
• A male in his 20s is doing well in home isolation
• A male in his 60s is doing well in home isolation
• A female in her 60s remains in John Hunter Hospital for monitoring while her source of infection is still under investigation.
• A female in her 40s is doing well in home isolation
• A female in her 60s is in home isolation after being discharged from Manning Hospital.