It’s no secret that car related crime is high around the Hunter and police are under funded to deal with all offenders and those who do get caught receive a very light penalty for their crimes.
Everyday in the community notice boards around the Hunter you will read between 5 to 10 reports of car related crimes from cars being stolen to cars being damaged or broken into. A new trend we are seeing a car side mirror being stolen.
What can you do to protect your vehicle from thieves?
- Insure your vehicle for fire and theft
- Park your car off the street and near your house.
- A guard dog in your yard is enough to deter most thieves
- Always lock your car
- Install a car alarm
- Detection dash cams that activate when someone enters your car or the car number or shaken
- Buy a club lock for your steering wheel
- Install a kill switch for your vehicle
- Install CCTV Cameras to watch your driveway.
Thieves usually go for easy targets as they need to be in and out quickly anything you can install that will slow a thief down will make them think twice before touching your car.