Airline Baggage Handling Agents
- Job Listed on seek.com Date 5 Nov 2020
- Location Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type PartTime
- Classification Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
Swissport is looking forward to flying returning as more borders open over coming months.
As flying may return quickly and some of our colleagues have found other opportunities during the COVID crisis, we are seeking applications from talented individuals to join our team so that Swissport will be ready for the busy skies ahead.
Swissport is the global leader in airport ground services and air cargo handling, active in more than 300 airports in 47 countries across six continents. We are committed to delivering safe, high quality services for our clients and their customers across the globe.
Working at Swissport has so many different faces and one thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment. If you enjoy working with people in a dynamic environment, join us! As a Swissport Ramp Services Agent, you’d play a vital role in our airport operation.
Ramp Services Agents lead the way in critical ‘behind the scenes’ endeavours. Being positioned on the airport tarmac presents a diverse opportunity to work in an area that few ever have the chance to explore. Our Ramp Services team have diverse responsibilities, including sorting, loading and unloading baggage and cargo, providing cabin cleaning services, driving airside to reposition crew and vital ground support equipment, facilitate lavatory and water services, and even push back aircraft ready for departure.
The airport is a fast-paced and safety focused team environment. The work hours are variable to meet airline schedules, and include early starts, late finishes and weekends.
What would make you stand out for this role?
- You’re focused on delivering exceptional and safe service
- You have strong personal skills and can be an effective team player
- You’re committed to learning and personal growth
- You’re self-confident and can stay calm under pressure
- You have excellent presentation and grooming
- You’re organised and can manage your time well
- Your physically fit as lifting up to 32kg is required
- You have a driver’s license
- You’re a fluent English speaker
- You have basic – intermediate computer skills.
- If successful you would need to undertake security/background checks including police check, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and dangerous goods training at your own expense prior to commencing training