The new lockdown laws are confusing at best. Last week fishing was added to activities that are allowed under the lockdown laws.
NSW Police have issued a stern warning to people fishing over the easter holiday period.
What I can do
- No more than two people in your group
- You must fish in your local area
- You require a fishing license in NSW
What I can’t do
- You cannot travel outside your local area
- You cannot camp whilst fishing
- Fishing holidays are not allowed
If you pack up your fishing gear and head outside your local area, you risk a fine of up to $1000 on the spot or a court can fine you up to $11,000.
The message is simple, fish local is ok, fishing holidays are not ok.
NSW Police will be conducting a high visibility operation in hot spots in rural towns turning visitors away over the easter weekend.
Stay home, fish local or you might catch more than you bargain for.