A woman has been charged after drugs and several weapons were seized from a property in the Hunter yesterday.
About 6am (Thursday 14 May 2020), officers attached to Port Stephens-Hunter Police Target Action Group – with the assistance of Operation Utah officers – executed a firearms and weapons prohibition order at a home on Wattle Close, Metford.
During the search, police located and seized two long arm rifles, two ‘gel blaster’ style firearms, cannabis, amphetamines and stolen number plates.
A 35-year-old woman was arrested and taken to Maitland Police Station.
She was charged with 11 offences, including:
• Goods suspected stolen in/on premises (not m/v)
• Possess prohibited drug (x2)
• Acquire etc firearm – subject to prohibition order
• Possess unauthorised firearm (x2)
• Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm (x2)
• Not keep firearm safely-not prohibited firearm/pistol
• Not keep firearm safely-prohibited firearm
• Possess more than three unregistered firearms without licence/permit
The woman was refused bail to face Newcastle Local Court yesterday (Thursday 14 May 2020), where she was again refused bail to appear at Maitland Local Court on Wednesday 27 May 2020.