Quorrobolong Brigade was called to a house fire in Quorrobolong just before 11am on the 21th of February after neighbour called triple 000 after noticing smoke from his neighbour’s house,
Cessnock Fire and Rescue crew Mulbring crew and Quorrobolong RFS all responded to incident Thankfully the house escaped relatively unscathed apart from smoke damage. Sadly the same couldn’t be said for the clothes dryer or its contents.
Quorrobolong have a couple of tips for you to avoid this happening at your place.
- Don’t seriously overload your clothes dryer.
- Don’t head off to town and leave the dryer running.
- Do clean the lint filter in your dryer regularly.
Once the drier had been carried outside, opened up and we’d drowned the smouldering contents we took a photo. It’s a perfect illustration of why you should follow the 3 tips above.