No Forced Evacuation at this stage, there seems to be some confusion, this warning is for people who are not prepared or planning to leave, leaving now is the safest option.
RFS urging all residents in Yengo, Laguna and Wollombi to leave if your property is not prepared or you’re plan is to leave. LEAVE NOW, HEAD TOWARDS CESSNOCK.
- The fire is burning to the west of Paynes Crossing, Laguna and Wollombi.
- The fire has spotted across Stockyard Creek trail.
- Fire activity increased today due to strong west to north westerly winds on the fireground.
- The fire is moving in a easterly direction towards the Great North Road and Stockyard Creek.
- There are a number of other fires burning in the Yengo National Park including the Werong Creek fire and Blue Gum fire.
- If you are in the area of Yengo, Wollombi and Laguna, if your plan is to leave or you’re not prepared, leave now towards Cessnock.
- If you are in the areas of Stockyard Creek or Paynes Crossing, monitor conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens. Leaving early is the safest option for your survival.
- Well prepared homes that are actively defended can provide safety. Only stay if you are physically and mentally prepared to defend in these conditions.
- If you are not prepared, leave early in the day.