- 2 new cases both returned from overseas
- 13 total cases
- Contact Tracing Continues
- Panic Buying Continues (Stop it)
Hunter New England Health is now providing care and support to two additional people confirmed to have COVID-19:
- A male in his 60s is in home isolation after recently returning from the US
- A male in his 20s is in home isolation after recently returning from Asia.
This takes the total number of cases of COVID-19 in Hunter New England to 13.
Hunter New England Health is contacting close contacts of the two new cases, who are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days from last contact. They will be contacted every day to check that they are well and any contact who develops COVID-19 symptoms will be tested for the infection.
Hunter New England Local Health District has opened COVID-19 screening clinics at John Hunter, Maitland and Calvary Mater Newcastle hospitals.