DRIVING IN NSW YOU CANNOT:
- Go for a RECREATIONAL DRIVE even if you don’t get out of the vehicle.
- Drive to visit family or friends
- Leave your place of residence without a reasonable excuse.
The NSW Police may issue on-the-spot fines of $1000 for an offense.
DRIVING IN NSW YOU CAN:
- Take a learner driver for a lesson as this is considered a reasonable excuse for a person to leave their house to receive driving lessons (either from a driving instructor or a member of their family)
- Drive to work (providing you can’t work remotely), school or an educational institution, to the shop for food and essentials, to get medical care or supplies and to go somewhere to exercise
- Providing care for a family member in another residence.
Reminder keep trips to a minimum, keep 1.5m from others where possible, practice social distancing and return home without delay.